- Learn the fundamentals of software testing including key concepts and context, testing principles and test process, and the human factors in testing
- Explore the relationship of testing to development in the software development lifecycle, compare test levels and test types, and understand the triggers and impact of maintenance testing
- Understand the value of static testing while exploring different static and dynamic techniques, and learn the most common review types and how to use these approaches to find defects
- Examine test design techniques including black-box testing, white-box testing, and experienced-based testing
- Delve deep into test management, exploring test organization, test planning and estimation, configuration management, risk-based testing, defect management, and more
- Explore tool support for testing including tool selection, benefits, risks, and classifications
Developed and delivered by leading experts in the testing industry,S oftware Tester Certification—Foundation Level is an accredited training course to prepare you for the ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) exam. Certification demonstrates a knowledge of software testing and is based on a Body of Knowledge and examination guidelines that are applied consistently across the world. It focuses on test concepts and techniques that can apply to all software projects, including agile projects, other types of iterative and incremental lifecycles, and in sequential lifecycles.
Going above and beyond the ISTQB syllabus, this course provides practical knowledge you can apply now. In addition to the fundamentals of software testing, you also learn about the psychology of testing, test and review process, blackbox test methods, white-box testing, experienced-based testing, test monitoring and metrics, the benefits and risks of test automation, and more. Gain the basic skills required of a software test professional and learn how testing adds significant value to software development projects.
No specific prerequisites are assumed; however, attendees are expected to have some experience with software builds, deployments, and automated testing.
This course is appropriate for individuals new to software testing, developers and analysts expected to test within agile teams, and test/QA professionals seeking ISTQB certification in software testing (CTFL). Common job functions include testers, test engineers, QA professionals, test managers, project leaders, quality analysts, and more.
Benefits of Certification:
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) is a non-proprietary organization that has granted more than 500,000 certifications in more than 100 countries around the globe. This program is the only internationally-accepted certification for software testing accredited through its network of national boards.
ISTQB certification is designed for software professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of testing—test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and developers—as well as those who need a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
CTFL certification is good in perpetuity. Once a professional has earned the certification, they retain the credentials even if the criteria are updated. In addition, CTFL holders with verifiable experience can extend their certification with the ISTQB’s Advanced-Level certifications or qualify their competencies in agile testing, security testing, test automation, and more. Learn more about advanced-level certifications for Test Managers, Test Analysts, and Technical Test Analysts.
ASTQB Proficiency Distinction:
ASTQB Proficiency Distinction courses are accredited to include intensive, well defined, hands-on interactive exercises based on realistic scenarios. These exercises must go above and beyond what is required by ISTQB so that candidates are exposed to the concepts in a deep and meaningful way. Because our course has earned this distinction, participants who earn their ISTQB CTFL by passing the ASTQB exam will be included in the ASTQB List of Certified Testers with Proficiency Distinction. To learn more about the ASTQB Proficiency Distinction, visit ASTQB.org.
Course registrants who do not pass the exam within 60 days of completing either an On-Site, Public Classroom, or Live Virtual course will be given free access to a Live Virtual course for additional learning. Contact Client Support for more information.
Fundamentals of Testing
- What is testing?
- Why is testing necessary?
- Seven testing principles
- Test process
- The psychology of testing
Testing Throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) models
- Test levels
- Test types
- Maintenance testing
- Static testing basics
- Review process
- Categories of test techniques
- Black-box test techniques
- White-box test techniques
- Experienced-based test techniques
- Test organization
- Test planning and estimation
- Test monitoring and control
- Configuration management
- Risks and testing
- Defect management
Tool Support for Testing
- Test tool consideration
- Effective use of tools
There are no reviews yet.