- Understand the role and benefits of automation
- Learn the fundamentals of automating browsers with Selenium
- Learn how the principles of Object Oriented programming can be used to improve testing
- Understand how to apply automation to solving your testing challenges
Agile and automation are now playing an increasingly important role in the evolution of software development, and it’s now more critical than ever for testing to keep pace with the shorter development cycles. Selenium is a popular open source browser automation tool which helps test teams increase the speed and quality of testing. This course provides those in testing and development roles the foundational skills required to leverage Selenium in order to write meaningful automated tests using sustainable methodologies.
- Some programming experience is required
- Suitable laptop with administrator privileges
- Installed Java JDK
- Installed IDE of your choice (IntelliJ or Eclipse)
This class will have pre-class instructions that involve downloading certain programs that will be needed for the handson exercises. These instructions will be provided to you after your registration is completed. If you have any concerns about the specific programs involved, please feel free to reach out to our Client Support team.
This course is designed for those in software testing roles and developers interested in adopting test automation with Selenium. Attendees should have some familiarity with programming languages and concepts.
Understanding the Web
- What is the Domain Object Model (DOM)?
- Anatomy of the DOM structure
- Locating web elements
- Types of UI automation
- WebDriver commands
Record and Playback
- Tooling Choices
- Troubleshooting and Debugging
- Selenium tools
- Selenium WebDriver
- Advanced Selenium
- What is Selenified?
- Why use Selenified?
Writing Effective Tests
- Basic Selenium steps
- Overall test automation best practices
- Mobile Web compatibility
- Parameterized Testing
- Separate Selenium class tips
- Selenium Grid
- Configuring Selenium Grid Node
- Additional resources