The Well-Architected Framework enables customers to make informed decisions about their architectures in a cloud-native way and understand the impact of design decisions that are made. By using the Well-Architected Framework, customers will understand the risks in their architecture and ways to mitigate them.
This course is designed to provide a deep dive into the AWS Well-Architected Framework and its 5 pillars. This course also covers the Well-Architected Review process, and using the AWS Well-Architected Tool to complete reviews.
In this course, students will learn to:
- Identify the Well-Architected Framework features, design principles, design pillars, and common uses.
- Apply the design principles, key services, and best practices for each pillar of the Well-Architected Framework.
- Use the Well-Architected Tool to conduct Well-Architected Reviews
This course is intended for:
- Technical professionals involved in architecting, building, and operating AWS solutions.
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Knowledge of core AWS services
(Course: AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials)
- Knowledge of AWS management interfaces
(Course: AWS Technical Essentials)
- Knowledge of core AWS design and architecture
(Course: Architecting on AWS)
Module 0: Course and Student Introductions
Module 1: Well-Architected Introduction
Module 2: Design Principles
- Operation Excellence
- Lab 1 Operational Excellence
- Lab 2: Reliability
- Lab 3: Security
- Performance Efficiency
- Lab 4 – Performance Efficiency
- Cost Optimization
- Lab 5 – Cost Optimization