- Understand agile and DevOps and how to implement these transformations across the enterprise
- Learn how to apply critical agile and DevOps values and principles across multiple teams
- Discuss industry best implementation practices and methodologies for developing and delivering better software
- Learn how to lead critical culture changes and improve organizational agility
Competitive markets dictate an ever increasing need to be able to react quickly and deliver business value and quality efficiently. Organizations who cannot evolve to the newer and faster paced delivery models will not survive. Agile and DevOps are necessary to deliver robust software solutions and products quickly and reliably, without increasing risk or sacrificing quality. Today’s leaders need to understand what agile and DevOps are all about and how to implement it across the enterprise to remain competitive and facilitate growth.
Designed for executives and organizational leaders, this course teaches what you need to know to successfully implement agile and DevOps in your organization. Learn how to apply critical agile and DevOps values and principles along with experience-based best practices for implementation. Avoid the common mistakes of agile and DevOps implementations and take home a leadership framework for success.
Upon completion of the course, students will understand agile and DevOps necessities including:
- Behaviors that increase agility
- Develop yourself as a leader
- Leading organizational transformations to improve agility
- Agile and DevOps values and principles
- Value stream identification and mapping
- Industry best implementation practices and methodologies
- Successful organizational models for agile and DevOps
- Transformational leadership characteristics
- How to lead culture change
Participants will participate in collaborative exercises which are designed to enhance skills and insights needed for successful agile and DevOps transformation.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for experienced executives and line of business leaders, directors and managers, project managers, and business or product owners.
This course has an optimal mix of lecture and collaborative exercises. Participants leave with a completed Personal Leadership Plan.
Why Agile and DevOps?
- Global change and competitiveness
- Shifts in organizational culture
- Business benefits of agile and DevOps
Agile and DevOps Defined
- What is agile?
- What is DevOps?
- Agile and DevOps History
- The Three Ways
- Agile value and principles
- DevOps methodologies and practices
- DevOps challenges
Your Leadership Role in Agile and DevOps
- Characteristics of a transformational leader
- Transformational forms of power and influence
- Storytelling and leadership communication and actions
- Emotional intelligence and mindfulness
- Development of self perspective and personal purpose and values
- Developing a strategic perspective
Establishing a Generative Culture
- What is culture
- Westrum’s Three Cultures Model
- Recognizing your existing culture
- Nurturing an agile and DevOps culture
- Developing culture and people
- Organizations as Human Systems
- Transformation Anti-Patterns
- Assessing your situation and building a plan for transformation
- The plan, build and scale model for transformation
- Scaling Models
- Putting it all together
Agile and DevOps Roles and Organization Structure
- How roles change in agile and DevOps
- The Transformational Leader
- T-Shaped Engineering Staff
- Organizational approaches to agile and DevOps
- Your personal leadership and transformational plan
- Next steps and actions for transformation