Remote Learning Environment
TLG utilizes cloud technologies to deliver courses to your home or office. During class you will:
- View the Instructor’s Presentation: Using Adobe Connect, you can see the instructor’s desktop as he or she steps you through demonstrations or displays PowerPoint presentations.
- Listen and Ask Questions: Using Adobe Connect, you can listen to the instructor, raise your hand, ask the instructor a question or send him or her an Instant Message to prompt a discussion.
- Hands-on Labs: Using GoToMyPC or virtualized labs you will have access to your own personal lab environment.
- Get Lab Help: The instructor is able to access to your lab session and take control if you need more help. You can watch and discuss what’s happening with the instructor.
During your class you will be utilizing a high-speed internet connection, headset, and 2-3 browser sessions to attend training; one for the instructor presentation, a second for viewing courseware (if applicable), and the third to access your hands-on labs. Typically, you will be managing two browser windows at a time; the instructor presentation and your courseware OR your courseware and lab session. The overwhelming feedback from our students is that a computer that supports two monitors or one computer for lecture and labs and one tablet for courseware is the preferred configuration.
In some cases, corporate firewalls may not allow the use of the Adobe Connect full client but that is usually remedied by using the Adobe Connect web client which provides all of the functionality needed to participate in class.
- Wired High-speed internet connection (DSL or better)
- Computer supporting two monitors or a computer and a tablet
- Wired USB Headset or Mic and Speakers recognized by Adobe Connect
Pre-Class Lab Testing/Setup
Simple lab test for classes using GoToMyPC
- Navigate to the web address: https://GoToMyPC.com.
- Click the Log In option in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use the following login credentials (the password is case-sensitive):
Registered Email Address: TestConnect@tlglearning.com
- Connect to the GoToMyPC – Test computer.
- Note: During this process you may be required to download and run the GoToMyPC Opener, a small file that establishes the connection. If using Chrome select Launch Application when you are prompted, and other browsers will have similar messages.
- A small window will pop up and prompt you for an Access Code (see below); enter the following Code: TestConnect1.
- After the connection is established, a window will pop up for GoToMyPC and you should see a screen that says “Congratulations! You have successfully connected to TLG Learning using GoToMyPC.”
- Close this window and select Disconnect when prompted.
- Close the browser window for GoToMyPC.
- You are ready for your class.
Please note that you will use the Access Code emailed to you prior to class to connect to your lab machine during class.
Using Adobe Connect
Joining the class presentation and audio
- Plug in your audio headset prior to connecting to the Adobe Connect meeting (VOIP only)
- Connect to the Adobe Connect meeting using the link found in the reminder e-mail sent to you prior to class.
- Click “Enter as a Guest” and type in your name.
- Click Enter Room
Check your audio and microphone – Web Interface
- Click the ellipsis (…) at the top-right and select Speaker/Microphone Setup.
- Follow the prompts to set up your audio
- Note: Audio for the class will be available once the instructor connects the morning of class and you will see a gray microphone as shown below.
- Click the gray microphone icon to enable your audio and the microphone icon will turn green.
- Please then mute your microphone when not in use by clicking on the green icon again so it turns red.
Check your audio and microphone – Legacy Interface
- Select Meeting from the menu bar and choose Audio Setup Wizard.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard
- Note: Audio for the class will be available once the instructor connects the morning of class and you will see a white microphone as shown below.
- Click the white microphone icon to enable your audio and the microphone icon will turn green. Please then mute your microphone when not in use by clicking on the green icon again so a slash appears.
Note: If you’re having difficulties connecting to Adobe Connect or GoToMyPC please contact support at (855) 460-5880 during business hours.