The Veritas enterprise vault 14.1 administration training course is a 5-day instructor-led, hands-on class that covers Enterprise Vault’s functionality, operations, and features. Additional topics include using basic management, configuring cloud storage, reports, classification, and an overview of Enterprise Vault backup and restore requirements. After you complete this course, you will be able to manage, monitor, and maintain Enterprise Vault.
By the end of this Symantec/Veritas Enterprise Vault training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Navigate the Administration Console.
- Describe the components of Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Manage Exchange targets.
- Maintain mailbox archives and client settings.
- Manage client access to archives.
- Migrate PST files.
- Maintain journal archiving.
- Review and maintain Enterprise Vault storage.
- Manage storage retention and deletion.
- Manage Indexing.
- Configure and manage classification.
- Support Enterprise Vault Search.
- Monitor and manage Enterprise Vault servers.
- Outline Enterprise Vault backup and recovery.
This Veritas Enterprise Vault training course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating or integrating Symantec/Veritas Enterprise Vault within their Exchange environment.
For the Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3 Administration course, you must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with Exchange/Outlook is sufficient, while an understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, and Active Directory as a power user or administrator is useful.
Module 1: Introduction to Administering Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault: Overview
- Administering Enterprise Vault: Overview
- Exercise A: Investigating How Enterprise Vault Works for Users
- Exercise B: Exploring the Enterprise Vault Environment
- Exercise C: Enabling Enterprise Vault Auditing
Module 2: Maintaining Exchange Targets and Tasks
- Exchange Targets and Tasks: Overview
- Adding Exchange Targets
- Maintaining and Monitoring Required Tasks
- Archiving from an Exchange DAG
- Exercise A: Examining Exchange Target Configuration
- Exercise B: Maintaining and Monitoring Exchange Tasks
Module 3: Managing Mailbox Archiving
- Determining what is Archived from Targets
- Applying Archiving Options to Mailboxes
- Exercise A: Determining the Mailbox Policies and Provisioning Groups Assigned to Users
- Exercise B: Creating and Maintaining Mailbox Policies
- Exercise C: Creating and Maintaining Provisioning Groups
- Exercise D: Testing the New Settings
Module 4: Managing Enterprise Vault Client Settings
- Managing Client Settings
- Adding New Users to the Enterprise Vault Environment
- Exercise A: Managing Client Settings
- Exercise B: Enabling Users for Archiving
Module 5: Managing Client Access – Outlook
- Accessing Enterprise Vault Archived Items: Overview
- Supporting Exchange Client Access: Outlook
- Exercise A: Exploring Outlook Enterprise Vault Add-In Behavior
- Exercise B: Customizing Outlook Using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager
Module 6: Managing Client Access – Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
- Vault Cache and Virtual Vault: Overview
- Supporting Exchange Client Access: Vault Cache
- Supporting Exchange Client Access: Virtual Vault
- Exercise A: Administering Vault Cache
- Exercise B: Enabling Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
- Exercise C: Managing Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
Module 7: Managing Client Access – Office Mail App and OWA
- Accessing Enterprise Vault Archived Items: Overview
- Supporting Exchange Client Access: Office Mail App
- Supporting Exchange Client Access: Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Exercise A: Investigating Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Exercise B: Appling Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
Module 8: Maintaining Journal Archiving
- Journal Archiving Overview
- Monitoring Journal Archiving
- Managing Journal Archiving
- Exercise A: Investigating How Journal Archiving Works
- Exercise B: Monitoring Journal Archiving
- Exercise C: Maintaining Journal Archiving
Module 9: Migrating PST Files – Introduction
- PST Migration: Overview
- Using PST Migration Tools
- Configuring PST Settings
- Exercise A: Preparing for PST Migration
Module 10: Migrating PST Files – Performing Migrations
- Migrating with Client-driven PST Migration
- Migrating with Server-driven PST Migration
- Exercise A: Using Server-driven PST Migration
Module 11: Maintaining the Enterprise Vault Environment
- Monitoring and Maintaining the Enterprise Vault Server
- Maintaining Database Resources Updating the Environment
- Exercise A: Monitoring the Enterprise Vault Environment
- Exercise B: Maintaining Database Resources
Module 12: Maintaining Enterprise Vault Storage I
- Archive Storage Overview
- Determining Current Storage State and Usage
- Expanding the Storage Configuration
- Exercise A: Exploring Enterprise Vault Storage Configuration
- Exercise B: Adding Storage to the Enterprise Vault Environment
- Exercise C: Determining Current Storage Usage
Module 13: Maintaining Enterprise Vault Storage II
- Maintaining Storage Locations
- Modifying Storage
- Exercise A: Maintaining Storage Components
- Exercise B: Monitoring and Managing the Storage Queue
- Exercise C: Moving an Archive to a Different Vault Store (optional)
Module 14: : Configuring Cloud Storage
- Using Amazon S3 as Primary Storage
- Using Amazon C2S as Primary Storage
- Using Azure Cloud as Primary Storage
- Using Generic S3 as Primary Storage
- Exercise A: Configuring Cloud Storage for Archiving
Module 15: : Managing Storage Retention and Deletion
- Managing Storage Retention and Expiry
- Managing Expiry and Deletion
- Working with Retention Categories and Retention Plans
- Implementing Record Management
- Exercise A: Examining Retention and Expiry Settings
- Exercise B: Maintaining Retention and Expiry
- Exercise C: Using Record Management
- Exercise D: Configuring Retention Folders
- Exercise E: Investigating Single instance Storage (optional)
Module 16: Managing Indexes
- Index Overview
- Monitoring Indexes
- Maintaining Indexes
- Exercise A: Monitoring and Maintaining Indexes
- Exercise B: Managing Indexes using the Manage Indexes Tool
Module 17: Managing Information Classifier
- Classification Overview
- Veritas Information Classifier Prerequisites
- Veritas Information Classifier Interface
- Configuring VIC Classification
- Classification Policies
- Exercise A: Enabling the Integrated Classification Engine (ICE)
- Exercise B: Setting up Veritas Information Classifier Policies
- Exercise C: Configuring Enterprise Vault to Classify Items
- Exercise D: Verifying Classification Functionality
- Exercise E: Using Classification to Assign Retention Categories
Module 18: Managing Enterprise Vault Search
- Enterprise Vault Search: Overview
- Supporting Search
- Managing Archive Permissions
- Configuring User Deletion and Recovery
- Exercise A: Examining and managing Enterprise Vault Search
- Exercise B: Managing User Deletions and Archive Access
Module 19: Maintaining, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Managing Monitoring
- Enterprise Vault Dashboard
- Managing Reporting
- Exercise A: Managing Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Exercise B: Using Enterprise Vault Auditing
Module 20: Disaster Recovery Overview
- Backup Overview
- Backing Up Enterprise Vault Components
- Recovering Enterprise Vault