The Veritas eDiscovery Platform 9: For Users training course is designed to be delivered over three (3)days. It concentrates on the Preservation, Analysis, and Production stages of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model(EDRM).
By the end of this Veritas eDiscovery training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of eDiscovery and the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Explain how data is discovered and collected.
- Describe early case assessment and data culling.
- Describe Veritas eDiscovery basic and advanced search capabilities.
- Setup and send Legal Hold Notices.
- Manage Legal Holds.
- Perform a variety of searches including information based on Classification.
- Organize data with tags and folders.
- Review setup and management.
- Perform redaction.
- Use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature for documents containing embedded text.
- Understand reporting and exception handling.
- Print, export, and produce documents in Symantec eDiscovery.
- (Optional) Describe the basics of Transparent Predictive Coding.
This Veritas eDiscovery training course is for customers, support engineers, consultants, and partners who need to maintain and use the Veritas eDiscovery Platform. The course is designed for the users of the Veritas eDiscovery Platform, such as; Attorneys or Paralegals who perform eDiscovery legal hold, searches and export or productions.
There are no required prerequisites for this Veritas training course. To get the most out of the training session, however, Veritas strongly suggests that you have a basic understanding of electronic discovery and the Veritas eDiscovery Platform. If you are new to electronic discovery or Veritas eDiscovery Platform, Veritas recommends the following options to facilitate a more effective experience:
- Review the Veritas eDiscovery Platform Reviewer QuickStart Guide, and the User Guide.
- View online training and general information about electronic discovery at www.edrm.net
Module 1: Introduction to Electronic Discovery
- Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery)
- EDRM overview
- How data is discovered and collected
Module 2: Introduction to Veritas eDiscovery
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform: Login and UI fundamentals
- Using All Cases and creating a new Case
- High‐level workflows in Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Module 3: Legal Holds and Sending Hold Notices
- Legal Hold overview
- Creating and sending Legal Hold Notices
Module 4: Customizing Notices and Managing Confirmations
- Customizing Hold Notices
- Confirming notices
Module 5: Legal Hold Tracking and Management
- Legal Hold tracking and release
- Performing maintenance activities
Module 6: Tags and Folders
- Creating and managing Tags
- Managing Folders
Module 7: Document List, Filters and Analytics
- Viewing Documents
- Using Filters
- Using analysis tools
Module 8: Advanced Searching
- Search overview
- Using Advanced Search
- Searching by keywords
- Performing a Freeform search
- Searching media and images
Module 9: Review Mode and Review Management
- Using Review Mode
- Managing review using Automation Rules
- Annotating and redacting documents
- Performing Review Management
Module 10: Exporting Data – Native and Metadata Export
- Export workflow
- Performing a Native Only export
- Running a Metadata export
Module 11: Creating and Exporting Productions
- Production definition and workflow
- Creating Productions
- Exporting Productions
- Configuring Slip Sheets