The Symantec (Broadcom) Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 12.0 Administration Training focuses on using Control Compliance Suite 12.0 to define security controls that govern the enterprise, assess compliance with standards and other mandates, and create reports and dashboards to demonstrate compliance and show deficiencies to multiple audiences.
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe current security risk and compliance challenges.
- Define methods of proactive security.
- Describe CCS 11 and how it helps meet security and compliance needs.
- Describe general CCS 12.0 pre-deployment considerations.
- Install CCS 11.
- Import assets and common fields.
- Describe how to install CCS Agents.
- Perform data collection and evaluation.
- Describe the components of standards.
- Copy and edit standards.
- Evaluate collected data in terms of a standard.
- Describe compliance and risk scores.
- Manage exceptions.
- Create, edit, and map control statements.
- Use Controls Studio to eliminate duplication of controls.
- Describe mandates, policies, and control statements.
- Build queries to gather data quickly from assets.
- Add external data integration and configure data connectors.
- Use CCS reporting features.
- Create, edit, and manage dashboards.
- Investigate contingencies using a “what if?” analysis in dynamic dashboards.
This training course is for computer professionals involved with security compliance using CCS 12.0.
You must have working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP zetworking, security, and Internet terms, and administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000\XP\2003 operating systems.
Module 1: Introduction to CCS 12.0
- Overview of Security and Compliance
- Proactive Security
- Intro to CCS 12.0
- Implementing Security and Compliance with CCS 12.0
Module 2: Installing the CCS Suite
- General pre-deployment considerations
- Installation requirements
- Installation tasks
Module 3: Initial Configuration
- Getting started tasks
- Preparing for data collection
Module 4: Getting started with CCS 12.0
- Importing assets
- Installing a Unix Agent
- Collecting and evaluating data
Module 5: Standards Manager/CVSS and Risk Score
- Working with standards
- Assessing compliance with standards
- Managing exceptions
Module 6: Controls Studio
- About Controls Studio
- Working with Controls Studio
Module 7: Ad hoc queries
- Query building
- Querying your enterprise
Module 8: External data integration
- Connecting to external data sources
- Overview of third-party connectors
Module 9: Reporting and dashboards
- Reporting overview
- Working with dynamic dashboards