This is a course for testers who are frustrated by the laborious and manual work that makes up day-to-day test activities. Participants will gain a solid understanding of the Python language, its philosophy, and the code syntax. Attendees are required to bring their own laptop to be able to complete the exercises, contact your Account Executive for details.
Good technical knowledge as a tester. Any prior experience writing scripts, programming, and using some sort of Unix system (Unix, Solaris, Mac, etc) and a terminal will help as well.
This course should be attended by engineers in a testing role or those seeking an introduction to programming concepts to develop their skills and learn more about the benefits and power of using Python for testing. The attendees are required to have basic computer knowledge and a genuine interest in learning about scripting and programming.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- What is Python?
- Basic syntax, structure of Python code
- Importing modules
- The REPL Basic constructs
- The standard library
- Python 2 vs 3
Lesson 2: Generating Test Data
- Built-in data types and objects
- Control statements and control flows
- Writing data into files
Lesson 3: Gathering Test Artifacts
- Python Methods
- Working with the file systems and operating systems
- Manipulating file paths
- Compressing and transferring test data
Lesson 4: Real Time Monitoring of System Under Test
- Text parsing and manipulation
- Manipulating dates and timestamps
- Formatting output in terminal
- Reading data from files
Lesson 5: Generating Test Data Continued
- CSV – Comma Separated Values
- Compressing data continued
- Traversing and mapping file systems
- Input from command line
Lesson 6: Web Calls, REST APIs, and Monitoring Systems
- Installing third party libraries
- Working the data format JSON
- HTTP Requests
- Calling and testing REST APIs
- Monitor system under test
Lesson 7: Controlling External Processes
- PExpect – The Python implementation of Expect
- Calling and testing SOAP APIs
Lesson 8: Attendees Choice
- There will be the opportunity to do ad-hoc exercises depending on the attendees wishes.
There are no reviews yet.