Project management experts are in high demand because it’s a role that can ensure major projects are executed successfully. The Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is governed by the Project Management Institute. It is considered the gold standard for project management certifications and validates skills across predictive, hybrid, and agile project approaches and tests your understanding of people skills such as building teams, managing conflict, addressing challenges, and process skills that emphasize the technical aspects of project management such as managing risk, schedules, budgets, and assessing the business environment to make projects successful.
This course is powered by Project Management Academy, a PMI Authorized Training Partner. Prepare to pass the PMP exam on your first attempt with an instructor-led PMP Exam Prep Training course – The PMA Way™ and with a 100% money-back guarantee. Project Management Academy (PMA) is known for taking complex project management topics tested on the PMP exam and teaching them in a way that instills confidence in your understanding of the concepts. Throughout the course, an infusion of detailed concept explanations, real-world examples, and interactive knowledge checks to make sure you understand the materials and are set up for success to pass the exam.
You are required to have at least 35 contact hours of formal project management education to be eligible for the PMP Certification Exam. In addition, you need to meet one of the following sets of educational and professional requirements:
- A four-year bachelor’s degree or global equivalent AND at least 36 months of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience
- A high school diploma, associate’s degree, or global equivalent AND at least 60 months of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience
- The 35 contact hours requirement is satisfied by the Project Management Academy PMP training course. Project Management Academy is a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner (ATP).
The Project Management Professional® PMP certification demonstrates to employers, customers, and colleagues that a project manager possesses project management knowledge, experience, and skills to bring projects to successful completion. Many organizations have recognized properly trained project managers are fundamental to business success and require the PMP® certification to be qualified for the job.
1 – THE PMI PROJECT MANAGEMENT MINDSET*
- This bonus lesson level-sets students on the underpinnings of project management and agile to ensure full comprehension of the subsequent training topics. Students with many years of project management experience benefit from this lesson as it instills the PMI-defined ways of describing project management, which is what is tested on the PMP exam.
2 – CREATING A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM
- This lesson focuses on the people involved to make projects successful. Critical concepts that you will be tested on the PMP exam related to this lesson include: building a team, defining ground rules, negotiating project agreements, empowering and training team members and stakeholders, managing in a virtual environment, and building a shared understanding of project goals to drive towards project success.
3 – STARTING THE PROJECT
- This lesson focuses on planning a project. Key concepts that you will be tested on the PMP exam related to this lesson include: determining appropriate project methodology and practices, planning and managing project scope, budget, and schedule, establishing quality standards, defining project activities, managing project procurement, and establishing project governance and closure practices.
4 – DOING THE WORK
- This lesson focuses on project execution. Important concepts that you will be tested on the PMP exam related to this lesson include: assessing and managing risk and issues, delivering business value, managing stakeholder communications, creating project artifacts, managing project changes, and planning for project continuity.
5 – KEEPING THE TEAM ON TRACK
- This lesson focuses on leadership and collaboration. Major concepts that you will be tested on the PMP exam related to this lesson include: learning leadership styles to encourage team performance, supporting issue mitigation to enable the team’s best work, navigating conflict management, promoting team collaboration, supporting mentorship and applying emotional intelligence.
6 – KEEPING THE BUSINESS IN MIND
- This lesson focuses on project compliance and outcomes. Essential concepts that you will be tested on the PMP exam related to this lesson include: managing compliance requirements, evaluating and delivering project benefits and value, addressing internal and external business changes, supporting organizational change, and employing continuous process improvement.
7 – PREPARING FOR THE PMP EXAM*
- This bonus lesson focuses on getting you ready to pass your PMP exam. Review what to expect on the exam, preparation tips, application and certification maintenance guidance, and an overview of the Supplemental Study Resources available.
8 – NOTES
- *Lessons marked with the asterisk* are only available to Project Management Academy students and is proprietary pedagogy based on 10+ years of helping students pass the PMP exam on their first try!
- PMI, PMBOK, PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, PMI-PBA, The PMI TALENT TRIANGLE and the PMI Talent Triangle logo, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. | Project Management Academy, an Educate 360 brand is PMI ATP Provider ID #3348.
- **To qualify for the 100% money-back guarantee for the PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp, you must meet the following criteria: You must attend the entire course, missing no more than one (1) hour. You must complete a full-length mock exam and three full-length practice exams from our online portal. If you qualify for the 100% money-back guarantee and fail the PMP exam a total of three (3) times within 120 calendar days following completion of the course, you will be refunded in full your tuition payment. More details provided at the time of the course.