In this course, you will develop digital note-taking skills by creating, modifying, and managing OneNote notebooks that work with other Microsoft Office programs. You will:
- Navigate and customize the OneNote interface and environment.
- Add and format text, images, audio, links, and drawing objects to a notebook.
- Embed Excel spreadsheets and attach other files to a notebook.
- Categorize, organize, and search notebook content.
- Check spelling in, print, and password-protect notebooks.
- Use Outlook and OneDrive to send and share notebook content.
- Export notebook content and manage notebook history and backups.
At least one year experience using Windows 10, 8, or 7. Experience using Microsoft Office is preferred.
This course is intended for people in a variety of roles and fields who have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office 2016 and want to incorporate digital note-taking and note collaboration by using Microsoft OneNote 2016. In addition to creating and modifying OneNote notebooks, this course will introduce you to inserting images and embedding files into notebooks, categorizing content, sharing content with OneDrive®, and exporting content to other file formats.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with OneNote
- Navigate the OneNote 2016 Environment
- Use Templates
- Customize the OneNote User Interface
Lesson 2: Adding and Formatting Notebook Content
- Apply Formatting to Notebook Content
- Insert Images and Audio into a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Drawing Tools
Lesson 3: Embedding and Attaching Files
- Embed Excel Spreadsheets
- Attach Other File Types
Lesson 4: Organizing and Searching Notebooks
- Use Tags
- Organize and Search Notebooks
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Notebook
- Proof and Print a Notebook
- Configure Password Protection and Notebook Properties
Lesson 6: Managing Notebook Files
- Export Content from OneNote Notebooks
- Back Up and Restore Notebook Content
Lesson 7: Sending and Sharing OneNote Content
- Send OneNote Content in Other Formats
- Share OneNote Content by Using OneDrive