This course will provide foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The course will cover general cloud computing concepts as well as general cloud computing models and services such as Public, Private and Hybrid cloud and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). It will also cover some core Azure services and solutions, as well as key Azure pillar services concerning security, privacy, compliance and trust. It will finally cover pricing and support services available with Azure.
Technical IT experience is not required however some general IT knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
There are no pre-requisites for taking this course. It is targeted for anyone that wants to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
Lesson 1: Cloud Concepts
- Learning Objectives
- Why Cloud Services?
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Public, Private, and Hybrid cloud models
Lesson 2: Core Azure Services
- Core Azure architectural components
- Core Azure Services and Products
- Azure Solutions
- Azure management tools
Lesson 3: Security, Privacy, Compliance and Trust
- Securing network connectivity in Azure
- Core Azure Identity services
- Security tools and features
- Azure governance methodologies
- Monitoring and Reporting in Azure
- Privacy, Compliance and Data Protection standards in Azure
Lesson 4: Azure Pricing and Support
- Azure subscriptions
- Planning and managing costs
- Support options available with Azure
- Service lifecycle in Azure