This intermediate-level course is for individuals who seek an understanding of how to manage, optimize, and predict costs as you run workloads on AWS. You learn how to implement architectural best practices, explore cost optimization strategies, and design patterns to help you architect cost-efficient solutions on AWS.
Architecting on AWS
The audience for this course is already cloud savvy but needs to understand building and operating cost-aware architectures, and which configuration options are cost drivers for their architectures (which levers should be pulled and when).
This course is intended for:
- Solution Architects
- Cost-optimization leads
- System administrators
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the cost of core AWS services
- Determine and predict costs-associated with current and future cloud workloads
- Use strategies and best practices to reduce AWS costs
- Use AWS tools to manage, monitor, alert, and optimize your AWS spend
- Apply strategies to monitor service costs and usage
- Implement governance standards, including resource tagging, account structure, provisioning, permissions, and access