In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users. This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
In this course you will:
- Optimize an Access database.
- Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Improve the usability of Access tables.
- Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
- Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
- Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.
Access for Office 365 – Part 1
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases and developing tables, queries, forms, and reports in Microsoft Access for Office 365.
Module 1 – IMPROVING TABLE USABILITY
- Create Lookups Within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
Module 2 – CREATING ADVANCED QUERIES
- Create Query Joins
- Create Subqueries
- Summarize Data
Module 3 – IMPROVING FORM PRESENTATION
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Module 4 – CREATING ADVANCED REPORTS
- Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Add a Chart to a Report
Module 5 – IMPORTING AND EXPORTING TABLE DATA
- Import and Link Data
- Export Data
- Create a Mail Merge
Module 6 – USING QUERIES TO MANAGE DATA
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Module 7 – CREATING COMPLEX REPORTS AND FORMS
- Create Subreports
- Create a Navigation Form
- Show Details in Subforms and Popup Forms
Module 8 – CREATING ACCESS MACROS
- Create a Standalone Macro to Automate Repetitive Tasks
- Create a Macro to Program a User Interface Component
- Filter Records by Using a Condition
- Create a Data Macro
Module 9 – USING VBA TO EXTEND DATABASE CAPABILITIES
- Introduction to VBA
- Using VBA with Form Controls
Module 10 – MANAGING A DATABASE
- Back Up a Database
- Manage Performance Issues
- Document a Database
Module 11 – DISTRIBUTING AND SECURING A DATABASE
- Split a Database for Multiple-User Access
- Implement Security
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature