This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
The primary audience for this course is people who are moving into a database role, or whose role has expanded to include database technologies.
Lesson 1: Introduction to databases
- Introduction to relational databases
- Other types of database
- Data analysis
- Database languages in SQL Server
Lesson 2: Data Modelling
- Data modelling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modelling
Lesson 3: Normalization
- Fundamentals of Normalization
- Normal form
Lesson 4: Relationships
- Introduction to relationships
- Planning referential integrity
Lesson 5: Performance
- Query performance
Lesson 6: Database Objects
- Stored procedures, triggers, and functions