Upskill your employees with Amazon Web Services (AWS) training and find out how your company can be reimbursed up to $30,000 for your employee’s training through Ohio’s TechCred program.
The Ohio TechCred Program opens June 1st to 30th, 2021, and has been updated to be more flexible for employers. You can identify your training plan and which credentials/training will be needed, but you do not need to identify the employees (current and/or prospective employees) until the training is completed and you file for reimbursement.
We are happy to work with you on your training plan for open enrollment or private training courses, your TechCred application, and provide the training certificates to apply for reimbursement. This program is not a first-come, first-served program. The acceptance of your application will be based upon need and a points system developed by the state and you will need to be submitted before June 30th, 2021 for this round. Let’s get started on your application now!
What employers are eligible?
Any Ohio registered employer that employs Ohio resident W-2 employees is eligible to apply. Businesses of all sizes and in all industries are encouraged to apply. Only one application will be accepted per company and a request for reimbursement is capped at $30,000 per eligible employer.
What employees will be eligible for training reimbursement?
Current and prospective W-2 employees that are Ohio residents with verifiable Ohio addresses. TechCred relates to your training spend over the next 18 months from the time an application is accepted.
What trainings are eligible?
- Short-term training (one year or less)
- Industry-recognized (significant for your industry) training,
Technology-focused training is eligible.
- An employer may be reimbursed for tuition, lab fees, manuals, textbooks, and certification costs, up to $2,000 per credential.
- Approved credentials include all Amazon Web Services training/credentials. We can confirm that the training/credential in your training plan is on the approved list or as an approved training company we can request a credential be added to the approved list!
- AWS training/credential offerings
- AWS Learning and Certification Roadmap
Do you think your company may be eligible to apply and receive reimbursement for trainings based on the information above?
If so, please contact Rick Flath at 612-819-3668, RickF@TLGLearning.com, or fill out the form below to discuss how we can help you with any questions about the Ohio TechCred Program.
Contact Us (425) 460-2200
It’s pretty easy to join the Amazon Partner Network (APN), but once you’ve joined what do you do next? Amazon is a great Partner and wants to help you grow your AWS business — it’s of benefit to both parties.
As you would expect, there are differing levels of APN Partners and associated benefits and requirements. To reach as many APN Partners as possible, Amazon has asked us (an Authorized AWS Training Partner) to help provide the information necessary to help new APN Partners navigate and flourish in the AWS ecosystem.
Orientation For APN Partners
If you are not sure of the training you need we have developed a Getting Started webinar designed to give new APN Partners a good overview of the APN Partner program and the resources available to help grow your business. We run this webinar often and the outline is listed below. We think you will find attending this webinar to be time well spent, so take a minute a register for the webinar.
Webinar topics include:
- The ins and outs of the Amazon AWS APN Program
- Requirements to move from Registered to Select APN partner
- Types of APN Tiers for Select Partners
- Consulting Partners & Technology Partners
- AWS Technical Certification Learning Paths
- Business Enablement Resources
One of the benefits that is available to all APN Partners is heavily subsidized (65-75% off) training to help build your technical and business knowledge around AWS. If you already have a clear idea of the training you’re after, register for subsidized training.
REMINDER! REDEEM YOUR MICROSOFT SATVS – Use it, don’t lose it!
Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV) entitle you to receive technical training and select end user readiness training through demonstration sessions from Microsoft Learning Partners.
What are the benefits of using your SATVs?
- Reduced training costs. User training is already included under your Software Assurance coverage. With SATV, technical training for your IT Pro and Developer staff and end-user Demonstration Sessions do not incur additional expense.
- Employee skill enhancement. Training offers employees increased proficiency and productivity. Prepare your IT staff to support your organization’s technology infrastructure and end-users for new deployments.
- Learning Partner Support. Microsoft Learning Partners can help create an optimal training strategy for your organization and help you plan the most effective way to use training vouchers.
- Guaranteed pricing. Microsoft and Learning Partners have set pricing that is included with your SA coverage.
Do you have Microsoft SATVs to use? If you haven’t heard, the SATV program is ending. The deadline to assign SATV’s is June 30, 2021 and the date to fully redeem is January 1, 2022. Don’t let those vouchers expire! As a Certified Microsoft Learning Partner, we offer an extensive catalog of courses with certified trainers to help your team excel.
You can also learn how to activate and use your Software Assurance Training Voucher Benefit today by downloading this guide here: Software_Assurance_Training_Voucher_Guide_for_Benefits_Managers
Corp Organizer - 51569465923
Penetration or “pen” testing is an integral part of an organization’s security defense. By regularly probing their own network for vulnerabilities organizations can identify weaknesses and harden their defenses.
Demand for qualified, certified Cybersecurity professionals and skills are in high demand, and capability needs more than just work experience to ensure you are fully educated and able to address the latest technologies, threats, and challenges. The average starting salary for Cybersecurity professionals is $88,000 – if you reskill your internal talent, you maximize your human resources!
Hackers and cyber trolls have malicious intentions; They can disrupt corporate communications, steal trade secrets or intellectual property, and cause mayhem for political reasons.
Are you prepared to deal with this chaos?
The only way to counter respond is to create a simulated scenario where your organization’s IT and cybersecurity professionals can train by detecting major threats and securing your company’s infrastructure.
TLG Learning in partnership with Mile2 is offering the following security Bootcamp March 8th – 14th, 2020:
CSP – Certified Security Principles (List Price $2,500)
CPEH – Certified Professional Ethical Hacker (List Price $3,000)
CPTE – Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (List Price $3,000)
CPTC – Certified Penetration Testing Consultant (List Price $3,500)
Red Team vs. Blue Team (List Price $2,000)
Get ready to participate in a Red Team vs Blue Team Cyber Wargame as you race with other participants to win the realistic threat scenario you will be presented.
Earn 5 world-class Cybersecurity Certifications in just 7 days PLUS the exams would normally cost you $16,950, but sign up for this Bootcamp and get it all for $4,995!
These courses are Accredited & Approved:
- ACCREDITED by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- MAPPED to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- APPROVED on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
F5 specializes in application services and application delivery networking (ADN) and for years we have been delivering their courses using our experienced instructors. Over the last 15 years, F5 Networks have transformed itself from the “load balancing company” to a security company. They have a wide range of solutions for small organizations to large, worldwide enterprises.
Here are some reasons we think you should consider attending an F5 training:
- To learn best practices.
F5 solutions include a full range of load balancing, security, performance, and management services. We are here to help you get started, clarify concepts, and have an opportunity to grow.
- To be sure your organization is getting the most from your investment.
With an F5 authorized training from TLG – you’ll gain the skills needed to fully and efficiently optimize your F5 investment, and ensure your applications are secure, available, and fast.
- Learn about multiple ways to protect your applications and data from attacks.
In order to detect and mitigate threats from multiple attack vectors such as web scraping, brute force, bots, code injection, and zero-day exploits, you need to have a functional understanding of how to deploy, tune, and operate F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall to protect your web applications from HTTP-based attacks.
- How to use F5 products to make your applications highly available.
Learn how to utilize profiles, local traffic policies, and iRules to manage application traffic and implement custom traffic handling solutions. In short, training with TLG will help you understand all the F5 products and how to make the best out of them.
- Get valuable, hands-on experience before working with the product in production.
Our courses include lectures, hands-on labs, and discussions about all the different F5 products which allows you to get enough practice even before you work with the product in production.
Every F5 trainer with us has over 10 years’ experience teaching F5 and TLG was the first training company (worldwide) authorized to deliver live online F5 classes to remote students. Click here to see the current upcoming classes for the different F5 training!
Become Microsoft Certified
Study and earn certifications that show you are keeping up with today’s technical roles and requirements. Microsoft Azure has certification paths for many technical job roles and each of these certifications requires passing a series of exams to earn a certification. We’ve created the visual learning paths below for some of these certifications.
Click on the certification badge that you’re interested in to be directed to the course offering to prepare you.
Gain the skills you’ll need in 2020 – while working from home
Purchase by April 30th and attend by June 30th
TLG Learning has 15 years’ experience perfecting live-online training. You’ll talk and chat live with our trainers while completing hands-on exercises and interacting with other students. Use your days working from home wisely – gain the skills you’ll need NOW!
|SKU||Name||Locations||Dates - Pacific Time||Length||Sale Price||hf:categories||hf:tags|
You may have seen a recent article about educators getting a crash course in delivering their classes remotely in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Here at TLG Learning we’ve been offering classes remotely for nearly 20 years and we’re quite experienced at it. In fact, many of our students prefer remote learning for several reasons including:
- No travel costs
- No commute
- No germ sharing
If you don’t regularly work from home, we’ve put together a short introductory training video about using Microsoft Team’s for on-line meetings, conference calls, document collaboration and screen sharing.
Microsoft Teams Primer
Microsoft makes Teams available at no cost
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak Microsoft and Google have both made their respective conferencing software free for users. There has never been a better time to check out these tools. You can find details of these offers here.
If your manager is concerned about productivity while you are out of the office this is great time to attend some remote courses and invest in your professional career. You can find our complete course schedule of classes offered remotely on our website.
Tips we've learned along the way
- Use a USB wired headset and wired internet connection for the best experience. Bluetooth is great for your mobile phone but introducing wireless links for conferences can reduce the call quality for you and your co-workers
- Don’t forget to put yourself on mute if you won’t be talking for a spell. You don’t want to be the person echoing your keyboard clicks to everyone on the call or calling for your dog during a meeting.
- If you’re going to use a web cam be aware of what’s in the background view. Use a Shoji screen or a bed sheet for a background if you’re not a great house cleaner. Microsoft Teams now includes a nifty feature to blur your background.
- The audio and video quality is quite good these days but if you do seem to be having issues — dropping off a meeting an reconnecting clears many connection issues.
- Many collaboration platforms include a messaging/chat feature which is useful for feedback during a meeting. Many organizations retain this information for compliance reasons so stick to work topics.
Many of us may be working from home for a while. Whether you are new to using the collaboration tools or need to learn the technical aspects of rolling out a collaboration platform we’re here to help.