Government Solutions -- Directive 8570
DoD 8570 Definition
The Department of Defense Directive 8570 provides guidance and procedures for the training, certification and management of the DoD workforce conducting Information Assurance (IA) duties. Any individual with Information Assurance (IA) functions are required to hold an approved certification for their particular job classification.
These include all classifications (IAO, ISAE, Technical, Management, CND).
What individuals are affected by 8570?
Any full- or part-time military service member, contractor, or local nationals with privileged access to a DoD information systems that perform information assurance (security) functions -- regardless of job or occupational series.
- Private Defense Contractors
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Military Departments
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Combatant Commands
- Office of the Inspector General of the DoD
- Defense Agencies
- DoD Field Activities
- All other organizational entities in the DoD
- Anyone with administrative rights to a DoD network.
Why is 8570 compliance important?
- By 2009 Defense Agencies are to fill a total of 70 percent of the IA positions with certified personnel.
- By 2010 Defense Agencies are to fill IAT and IAM Category positions with certified personnel.
- By 2011 all CND-SP and IASAE Specialty positions are held by certified personnel.
- Thereafter, all incumbents and new hires must be trained, certified, and recertified in accordance with Initiative 8570.
Why work with TLG Learning?
TLG Learning has been working with and training DoD agencies on Initiative 8570 skills for 2 full years prior to the signing of the requirement. We will bring this successful history to assist you in any phase of 8570 implementation, including:
- Assessment of IA staff skills
- Securing budgets
- Authorized and customized Security Training and Certification
- Reporting and compliance
TLG Learning will work to exceed your expectations.